WA Small Business COVID-19 Hardship Grants
The Small Business Hardship Grants Program is designed to provide financial support for businesses most impacted by Level 2 public health and social measures that came into effect on 3 March 2022.
On 27 April 2022 a revision and expansion of the program was announced. Two tiers of grants will now be available to businesses that
experienced a decrease in turnover for a consecutive two-week period between 1 January and 30 April 2022:
- A revised tier for businesses that experienced a decline in business turnover of 40 per cent (reduced from the original 50 per cent decline) or more.
- A new tier for businesses that experienced a decline in business turnover of 30 per cent or more.
To be eligible for the Small Business Hardship Grants, businesses must:
- Have a valid and active Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $4 million.
- Have an annual turnover of more than $50,000, excluding GST.
- Be able to demonstrate a reduction in turnover for any consecutive two-week period between 1 January 2022 to 30 April 2022, compared to the equivalent period in 2021*.
*An alternative period in 2021 may be used if the business did not operate at that time or it provides an inaccurate representation of the business' financial situation.
Eligible applicants will receive a tiered grant payment, dependant on their reduction in turnover and the number of Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees of the business. For the purpose of this calculation, the business owner is excluded from the FTE calculation. The following grant tiers are available:
|Number of FTEs||
30% turnover decrease
Revised 40% turnover decrease
|Non-employing (sole trader, no employees)||$3,750||$5,000|
|Micro business (business owner plus 1-5 employees||$7,500||$10,000|
|Small businesses (business owner plus 5-19 employees)||$15,000||$20,000|
|Medium businesses (business owner plus 20+ employees)||$37,050||$50,000|
This program is open to all eligible businesses that meet the criteria. Applicants may only be found eligible for one tier of the Small Business Hardship Grants (Expanded Program).
Previous applicants for this program do not need to reapply. Your application will be reassessed in line with the new decrease in turnover criteria and you be notified if your eligibility status has changed.
Applications are now open and close at 4pm AWST on Thursday 30 June 2022.
Please contact our office if you have been affected by COVID-19, and think you may qualify for the Small Business Hardship Grant.
- Office number: 08 9250 4048
- Email: email@example.com